Cored wire technology is a secondary refining means that generated with scientific and technological progress. Alloy cored wire used for steelmaking can purify form of steel inclusions, improve castability of molten steel, increase yield of ferroalloy greatly, reduce consumption of alloy and cost of steelmaking to achieve remarkable economic benefit.
Technical indexes of cored wire are as below:
1. With processing molten steel by using wire feeding calcium, molten steel reacts steadily, secondary oxygenation can be avoided and inclusion floats upward quickly to achieve excellent purification of molten steel effect.
2. It is good for fine control of composition of steel.
3. Alloy yield gets improved greatly.
4. Gas is prevented from being brought into molten steel in the process of wire feeding.
5. Strong adaptability and wide application scope of wire feeding.
6. Wire feeding is operated by equipment which maintenance is convenient and production is secured with no environmental pollution.
Production technology process of cored wire shows that cored wire is an auxiliary means for steel smelting, which can improve the performance of molten steel and is very helpful for enterprises to reduce the cost of steelmaking by means of secondary refining.